Certificate annulment or cancellation
The Certificate Annulment or Cancellation Procedure enables you to invalidate your certificate before the expiry date indicated on it.
Cancellation may be requested at any time and is specially recommended when the holder believes that his certificate may have been copied, that his PIN is known to third parties or in the case of loss, theft etc.
For further information about the reasons why you may or should request the cancellation of your certificate, please consult our Statement of Certification Practices.
General conditions ruling a request for cancellation of a Private Individual Certificate issued by Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre - Real Casa de la Moneda:
- Cancellation may be requested by certificate-holders.
- The request for cancellation may be made during the period of validity indicated on the certificate.
The procedure for requesting cancellation of a Private Individual Certificate issued by Fábrica Nacional de Moneda y Timbre - Real Casa de la Moneda is as follows:
- If the holder is in possession of the certificate, cancellation will be done online. N.B. To access the Online cancellation application, only Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox (Para firefox no están soportadas las versiones de la 33.0 a la 34.0. La versión 35 y posteriores requieren de la instalación de un complemento para firmar). Other browsers are not compatible.
- If the holder is not in possession of the certificate as a result of loss or theft, he should go to an Accreditation Office.
- In either event, he may use the 24x7 Private Individual Certificate Telephone Service. Tel.: 902200616 / 917406848 / 913878337