Getting ready (Step 1)
Before starting the application process for a Private Individual Certificate, please make sure that your equipment is ready for you to identify yourself with an electronic National Identity Card (DNIe).
To use a DNIe, it is necessary to install the cryptographic DNIe software which you will find in the Electronic dni website downloading area.
You must also install the DNIe root certificates which you will find in the Electronic dni website downloading area.
Please read and follow the instructions below carefully so as to avoid any errors while you go through the process of obtaining your certificate.
Musts and must-nots:
- Do not format your PC between the certificate application and downloading processes.
- The entire process for obtaining a certificate must be carried out on the same equipment and the same web browser by the same user.
- Do not action any updates on your equipment for the duration of the process.
- It is sometimes necessary to disable the antivirus. Read more about antivirus.
- Before requesting the certificate, it is important that you read the Statement of Certification Practices carefully as it contains the terms and conditions under which the certification services are provided.
Suitable web browsers:
Configuring the browser